Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ladies Who Lunch: Ferragamo Resort 2012


Ferragamo has always been the shoemaker of my choice.  Of course, my eye does wander and I do admire and buy shoes from other labels, but like the Prodigal Son, I always come home to Ferragamo.  If you asked me what my favorite shoe brand is, I would answer without skipping a beat Ferragamo!



Salvatore Ferragamo started the company by opening his first boot shop in Santa Barbara, CA in 1919.  He quickly became the favored shoe maker to the burgeoning film community and when they moved to Hollywood, he followed them, opening a store in Hollywood in 1923.  Always in search of the finest quality, he moved his company in 1927 to Florence, Italy, a city know for its skilled leather craftsman.
Known as the “shoemaker to the stars”, Ferragamo was a favorite of Hollywood celebrities throughout the Golden Age of Hollywood from Judy Garland and Audrey Hepburn to Marilyn Monroe.
The company’s rich tradition has continued to this day with collections of luxe shoes, handbags and apparel.  MsFABulous.com attended the unveiling of the Ferragamo Resort 2012 collection and we are sharing the runway show with you! Enjoy!

Video Footage by Mariana Leung of MsFABulous.com

ladieswholunch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment