Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch and Gossip Girls at the Met Gala


Of course I watch Gossip Girl!!  What red-blooded fashionista wouldn’t.  And I don’t just watch for the fashion (of which there is plenty).  I also find it a nostalgic trip back to my youth growing up in the Big Apple.  It has become my number one guilty pleasure!!
However, the fashion is spectacular and not just on the women.  I am constantly inspired to go shopping for the Chuck Bass look.  Ahhhh the clothes that dreams are made of.  But back to the girls......
At he recent 2010 Met Costume Institute Gala, Blake Lively and Jessica Szohr proved once again that the Gossip Girl stars are fashion icons off screen as well as on.
Blake Lively wore a very short one shoulder blue Marchesa dress that was highly embellished with ruffled rosettes.  With a spectacular figure and legs of death, she totally pulled this one off. I have long been a fan of Marchesa and love their very artistic creations. Two thumbs up!!!
In contrast, Jessica Szohr wore a nude gown with lace details on the bodice and a frothy layer of nude and black tulle and lace on the bottom.  The look carried off the Versace sexiness while at the same time looking very elegant and sophisticated.

And while Leighton Meester’s Marc Jacobs gown was panned by more than a few for not living up to her co-stars sense of dramatic fashion for this event, I still find it to be a refreshing look on her.  There is something very 1930’s Ginger Rogers about the look and I think it made her look very young and refreshing.

All in all, I think the Gossip Girl stars represented quite well.  Keep it coming!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment