Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch: Bebe Spring/Summer 2011 Collection


As I made my escape home to New York, I thought that I was leaving California behind. Sure I have a love/hate relationship with Southern California: great weather, great scenery, too spread out, too much driving, etc.  So imagine my surprise when I found myself at the Bebe Fashion Show during Fashion Week in NY and felt myself transported mentally back to LA.

As I made my escape home to New York, I thought that I was leaving California behind. Sure I have a love/hate relationship with Southern California: great weather, great scenery, too spread out, too much driving, etc.  So imagine my surprise when I found myself at the Bebe Fashion Show during Fashion Week in NY and felt myself transported mentally back to LA.



The inspiration for the collection was the Mediterranean and Brigitte Bardot, always a nice combination.  The looks evoked images of BB in San Tropez and the jet setter life style.  With an emphasis on looks that dripped sex appeal, there was also a subtle underlying 70’s hippie vibe to the collection.  Flowing mixed-media dresses with variegated hemlines gave way easily to jumpsuits and rompers.  Short shorts were also big teamed up with jackets or worn a little more casually.  For evening, the closing gown with lace panels oozed sexiness and would look incredible on someone like Fergie with the body and attitude to pull it off.

Even while in NY, it seems that I can’t escape Los Angeles.  And maybe that isn’t such a bad thing :)

Photos Courtesy of New York Post

www.ladieswholunchtravel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment