Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ladies Who Lunch: Brit Week 2012 Los Angeles!


Last night, I went to my first ever Brit Week event in Los Angeles!  Honestly, I had never even heard of Brit Week until a British friend told me about it last Tuesday and invited me to the event!  But, just what is Brit Week?  I immediately had to go online and research it!
Brit Week actually began in 2007 and was the idea of British television producer Nigel Lythgoe (American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance).  The concept behind Brit Week is to promote the British American connection in California!  Believe it or not, the Brits are the biggest foreign investors in California, contributing greatly to the economy and to the rich culture of California.  The 2 week long Brit Week showcases events in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Francisco every year in late April and early May!

Polkadots & Moonbeams

Wendy! The Polkadots & Moonbeams Guru!

So for my first Brit Week Event, I ended up in a convergence of people and places that I already knew and it was a nice reunion for me.  The event took place at my fave LA boutique Polkadots & Moonbeams, where I got to see all of the latest cool fashions that owner Wendy Freedman has stocked for Spring!  Wendy has an amazing fashion sense and Polkadots & Moonbeams always carries the ultimate looks to make a girl LA Chic.  I was also completely surprised and in love with the new espadrille wedge from TOMS that Wendy is now carrying in the store!


The focus of the Brit Week Cocktail Event at Polkadots & Moonbeams was how using fashion as a tool, you can catch your very own Prince Charming!  The famed Beverly Hills Psychiatrist Dr. Carol Lieberman, author of Bad Girls: Why Men Love Them & How Good Girls Can Learn Their Secrets, in the spirit of Brit Week spoke about how Kate Middleton managed to catch her Prince using some of the Bad Girls secrets.

Dr. Carole at Polkadots & Moonbeams

Employing one of the Bad Girls secrets, Kate Middleton first garnered Prince William’s attention as a love interest after he saw her in an extremely revealing dress at their college’s charity fashion show!  As the American Ambassador to the replica of the famous dress, you can get your own copy of the dress to entice your own Prince at Dr. Carole’s Website.

Dr. Carole w/ actress Niki Simone wearing the Charlotte Todd replica of the Kate Middleton Dress

Although I hit Brit Week during its last week, I hear rumour that there is still another event coming up this week to be held at Ted Baker on Robertson!  And since for my own personal style I adore Ted Baker, I think you can guess where I will be in a few days!  And now that I am aware of Brit Week, I am already putting it on my calendar for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment