Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ladies Who Lunch: Ravi Bajaj Men's Wear


Upon arriving at the GK1 N-Block Market in New Delhi, way before I found Fabindia and all of the other treasures there, a boutique on the corner grabbed my attention.  In the window was a nicely tailored jacket paired with an eye-catching pair of pants in a buttery paisley print.  The paisley fabric was gorgeous and just subtle enough to make a statement without being ridiculous.  Intrigued, I had to enter the boutique.


The boutique, named for the owner/designer, Ravi Bajaj, houses a wonderful collection of men’s wear in elegant fabrics.  Aside from beautiful fabrics and exquisite tailoring, the most remarkable element of the collection is Mr. Bajaj’s skill at blending western wear with updated traditional Indian garments.  Lapeled jackets, Nehru jackets, sherwani, kurtas, and stylish pants make up a collection that I found irresistible.  Granted these are designer level prices, but you get what you pay for and these clothes are worth it.



 


Ravi Bajaj, a native of Delhi, attended the American Colege of Applied Arts in London before launching his label in 1987.  His line has grown over the years and it has understandably become a favorite of many of Bollywood’s leading men.


Since Ravi Bajaj has yet to appear in the American market, I know that I will be going to his stores in India whenever I am visiting Delhi or Mumbai.  Being a picky fashionista, it is hard for me to find clothes for myself that truly excite me and Ravi Bajaj’s line does just that.  Any plans to come to the western market?  I would welcome it!


Photos Courtesy of Ravi Bajaj


www.ladieswholunchtravel.com

3 comments:

  1. Nice Collection....Ravi Bajaj is famous for Menswear collection for marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just rub this over the marks and wipe with a finger for instant readability. Hardly any effort and easy to manage. Bridal lehenga

    ReplyDelete