Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch OC Pizza Find

Okay, I admit it.  I am a pizza snob. I am a New Yorker who is used to the best pizza in the world and I eat pizza wherever I go in the world (one of my favorite pizzerias is actually in Paris). Pizza for me is not only one of my all time favorite foods, but it is almost a religion.  And of course, I am always searching for new hot spots for Ladies Who Lunch.
That being said, I pretty much had given up on finding decent pizza in Orange County, CA.  So, when someone told me about Pizza e Vino (in Rancho Santa Margarita) and how amazing it was, i was a bit skeptical.  i finally went last Saturday night and I am a skeptic no more.  Finally a place that knows what a perfect pizza should be!!!  We started with an arugula salad (excellent) and then each had a pie.  I had the Funghi and it was amazing. The mushrooms were seasoned to perfection as was the tomato sauce.  Just the right amount of cheese.  My companion had the misto Salumi (a combination of  fresh mozzarella, sopressata, capocolla, claro's fennel sausage) and absolutely raved (I abstained since i am a vegetarian). But the most amazing part was the crust.  They definitely know how to make a perfect crust: super thin, edges crisp, but chewy on the inside, slight charring on the bottom.  I am in love.  After such a long search for the Holy Grail of pizzas, I am a convert.  Definitely the best pizza I have had anywhere in CA and ranks right up there with my favorites across the globe.  I would have to say that I will be counted among this places regulars, as I am still dreaming about my next venture there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment